オーストラリアで学生ビザを取得する際に加入が義務づけられている留学生用の健康保険 OSHC （Overseas Student Health Cover）。
今までは、1年以上の学生ビザを申請する場合は、申請時に最短1年の OSHC 加入でビザが取得できましたが、7月以降は学生ビザ申請時に、学生ビザ期間分の OSHC の加入が義務づけられます。
DK でも Medibank OSHC の加入は可能!! 1年超の加入は保険料 6% OFF!! お問合せください!!
詳しくは、Vocational Education and Training Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 572) – Assessment Level 1 の Length of stay を一例としてご参照ください。
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship has today confirmed to Medibank Private the following arrangements for the introduction of mandatory Visa Length Cover (VLC) for all student visa applicants from July 1, 2010.
The requirement is to become effective for those who apply for a student visa on or after July 1st, 2010.
Whilst it is best practice for all students to have VLC, there is no requirement by DIAC for current student visa holders to have VLC as their visa application has already been assessed and approved.
Current students who apply for a subsequent student visa after 1 July, 2010 will be required to provide evidence that they have visa length OSHC.
When completing a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for commencing students on or after July 1st, 2010 selecting YES in response to the question about the provision of OSHC by the Education Provider is advising DIAC that OSHC has been arranged for the entire length of the student visa.
DIAC have asked education providers to include the expiry date of the OSHC policy and Policy Type (Single or Family) in the ‘Comment’ field – this will be considered as official advice that this requirement has been met for the student.
The DIAC assessment of student visa expiry dates, according to course length and course completion, has not changed. You will be able to accurately determine the visa expiry date from the information below:
Duration of Course Duration of Visa
● 10 months or less: One month longer than the duration of the course
● Longer than 10 months: Two months longer than the duration of the course
● Longer than 10 months and finishing October-December: The visa will usually be granted up to March 15 of the following year
The OSHC start date should be the date the student is advised or expected to arrive in Australia.
In most cases, the duration of a student visa will be the same as the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy.
1. If the student’s course finishes on 30 November 2011 the OSHC cover must expire after 30 November 2011 and on or before 15 March 2012.
2. If the student’s course finishes on 31 July 2011 the OSHC cover must expire after 31 July 2011 and on or before 30 September 2011.
3. If the student’s course finishes on 30 April 2011 and was less than 10 months the OSHC must expire after 30 April 2011 and before 31 May 2011.